Hp printers are best known for their quality printing and scanning of documents. You can enjoy hassle free high quality printing experience at an affordable price. However, if you ever come across hp printer not printing color, then the problem may be as simple as the color cartridge is out of color.
However, if your cartridge is not out of color then the problem could little difficult to figure out. Now, you can take our help to understand and resolve hp color printer won’t print color.
Why won’t my hp printer print color ?
If your hp printer not printing in color, then there are three possible major reasons for that.
- Cartridge short of color ink
- Pinhead not working
- Colored printing option is not enabled
Now, you can go through the steps in details and resolve hp printer not printing color issue. Make your printing experience smooth and easy by checking out the troubleshooting tips for hp printer won’t print color.
How do I get my printer to print in color ?
Tips to resolve hp printer not printing color issues-
Hp printer cartridge short of color ink
Amongst the many possible reasons for hp printer not printing in color, the most common reason could be cartridge running short of ink. Follow the steps:
- You need to open the front cover of your printer and remove the color printer cartridge.
- Check the ink content. If the ink is on the verge of finish then you must install a new one.
- However, if the ink is full then you must check the expiry date. Expired inks can dry up and it tends to form a thicket.
- If the ink is past the expired date, then you need replace the ink cartridge.
Clean the print heads
The other way to troubleshoot hp color printer won’t print color issue is related to print head. Print head is the principal factor in the printing process. It puts ink to paper. You must clean the print head. Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button.
- Press and hold the ‘Resume’ button at the same time for six times.
- Release the power button. The HP printer will now start cleaning the print head.
- Print out the document once again and check if it is now printing colored or not. If the problem still persists, then you must repeat the above steps. Instead of pressing the ‘Resume’ on for 6 times, press it for five times for moderate cleaning.
- In case, hp printing not printing color then you must repeat the above steps. This time press the ‘Resume’ button seven times for deep cleaning.
Enable the print command
However, if you are still confused regarding why won’t my hp printer print color then you must check if the print command is enabled or not. Follow the below mentioned steps to perform the task:
- On your computer, click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Select ‘Settings’ option. Click on ‘Printers’ option.
- Right-click on your printer and then click on ‘properties’
- Now, you need to click on ‘printing Preferences’
- Thereafter, click on the paper/ quality tab. Select ‘Color’ and then click ‘ok’
- Now, you need to perform a print test.
- Check if you can print a colored document or not.
Optimistically, after trying out all the above-mentioned steps, you will understand how do i get my hp printer to print in color. However, if you still facing hp color printer won’t print color issue, then you must try two more things.
- Check the placement of cartridge
- Update hp printer drivers from 123.hp.com.
To get further assistance on hp printer not printing color, you must give us a call on our toll free number. Our technical experts will help you with the same.